Your appointment letter will give specific information about your appointment, including the date, time and location, and also the department you should report to upon arrival.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Your appointment letter
- A list of your current medication, including the strength of the medication and how often you take them
- Money for prescriptions, or your exemption certificate
- A copy of your passport or visa if you have not been resident in the UK for the last 12 months
- Any paperwork which shows that you can claim for your travel expenses
- You may wish to bring a list of questions to discuss during your appointment
Getting to hospital
Details of how to get to the hospital, including details on car parking and public transport links, can be found on the Find Us page.
If you require an ambulance for your initial appointment, your GP can arrange this for you the first time.
Alternatively you can ring North West Ambulance Service (NWAS) on 0800 032 3240 to request transport.
They will ask you a series of questions to check that you are able to have an ambulance to bring you to hospital.
Patient transport for follow up appointments and ambulance cancellations
When your follow up appointment is booked The Patient Appointment Centre will book your transport. If your health changes and you feel that you need an ambulance you can ring the number above to request ambulance transport.