About this service
The Urology Department assesses, diagnoses and treats disorders of the kidneys, ureters, bladder, urethra, the prostate, the female pelvic floor and male reproductive organs.
Our team of experienced specialists provide a comprehensive inpatient and outpatient service for dealing with a range of issues, including:
- Urinary stones
- Prostatic diseases (benign and malignant)
- Bladder problems, including over active bladder cystitis, bladder cancer
- Erectile dysfunction is a special interest, with treatments available including the implantation of penile prosthesis along with specialist interest in kidneys
Treatment and services offered include:
- a comprehensive service to rapidly investigate and treat patients with suspected urinary cancers
- Haematuria clinic
- Urgent Prostate clinic
- an adolescent Urology service
Our team of consultants, associated specialists, nurse specialists and uro-oncology (urology cancer) nurses is highly skilled and works effectively to provide a friendly and accessible service for our patients in a safe environment.
The team also work with colleagues including Urologists, Radiologists, Pathologists and Oncologists to discuss the treatment of patients with cancer.
Referral to Urology can be made via your GP.