About this service
The Liverpool Diabetes Partnership [LDP] is a service dedicated to providing quality diabetes care within the community, right on your doorstep.
This is a partnership between Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, The Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust and Merseycare NHS Foundation Trust.
LDP offers education, care and support to people with Diabetes, both newly diagnosed and established Diabetes.
The services are delivered by Consultants, Diabetes Nurses, Dietitians and Podiatrists in GP surgeries, local clinics and in the home.
Follow us on Twitter - @LDPartnership
Like us on Facebook - Liverpool Diabetes Partnership
What's new this month...
Diabetes & You – our FREE education sessions – are currently running at health centres across the city...
- These sessions provide a comprehensive overview of what diabetes is and why we develop it; how you are managed & monitored; the role medication plays; and how to manage diabetes with food & lifestyle choices. Anyone with a diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes can attend, no matter how long you’ve had the diagnosis or how it’s managed.
- Self-conscious about attending a group? Don’t be! We want to provide an informal, relaxed environment where you can learn more about managing your diabetes and feel free to interact as much or as little as you want. You may wish to bring a friend, relative or carer to support you during the session – that’s ok, just let us know so we can accommodate them.
- The course is delivered over two consecutive sessions, lasting two hours each with a comfort break, and are delivered by our Diabetes Specialist Nurses & Dietitians. You may already have some questions prepared for them, which we will do our best to answer for you. We will also provide a handbook to support the information discussed during the sessions, although you may wish to bring some paper to make your own notes.
- Courses run between 10am-12 noon, 1pm-3pm and 5.30pm-7.30pm at the following health centres: Speke, Garston, Breeze Hill, Townsend, Yew Tree, Childwall, Picton Medical Centre, Croxteth Fire Station, Mere Lane Practice, and Kensington Health Centre
- You can self-refer by contacting us on 0151 529 2130 and booking on to your nearest session, or request your GP or Practice Nurse refer you in.
Check out our Let’s talk food & drink section for new, healthier takes on classic takeaway dishes.