About this service
Aintree's award-winning Audiology department provides a wide range of diagnostic, therapeutic and rehabilitative services for patients with hearing loss, tinnitus and balance problems.
In line with the departments mission statement 'to be the centre of choice for hearing, balance and tinnitus services', the team of highly qualified audiologists are dedicated to providing the best possible quality services for patients, demonstrated in a recent patient satisfaction survey that rates satisfaction of services as 9.5 out of 10.
The department provides comprehensive hearing aid service, seeing patients through each stage of their treatment, from the initial assessment of their hearing to the hearing aid fitting and follow-up care. You can find out more about Hear Aid fitting and repairs here.
In addition to the hearing aid service, the department provides a wide range of services and treatments including:
- Hearing and ear health assessments
- Balance assessment and rehabilitation
- Tinnitus and hyperacusis management with additional support from clinical psychology
- Support for Auditory Processing Disorders
- Specialist clinics for patients with learning difficulties and dementia
- Hearing aid maintenance classes
- Tinnitus Assessment and Management
- Severe profound hearing loss Clinic
- Rehabilitation services for Hearing, Balance Tinnitus, and Auditory
- Processing Disorders
- Support groups for Tinnitus, Balance, Cochlear implants and Acoustic Neuroma
Aintree also runs a very successful Tinnitus Support Group that meets monthly. For more information, click here.
Referrals can be made by GPs via eRS or via faxing a referral form to 0151 529 4369.
The Audiology department is comprised of a team of experienced, registered and fully qualified Audiologists.
Our senior team includes:
Tony Kay , Head of Audiology Services
Tony qualified as an Audiologist in 1984 and has been working at Aintree since 1986, becoming Head of Audiology Services in 2010.
Tony is proud to be the leader of the Aintree audiology team which is the first NHS organisation in the UK to be accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) against the Improving Quality in Physiological Services (IQIPS) standards. Click here to read more...
Gaynor Chittick , Chief Audiologist - Deputy Head of Service
Paul Schofield , Chief Audiologist