Visitors to Aintree University Hospital are being asked to take extra precautions in the winter season.
There are a number of common viral infections at this time of year including influenza and norovirus (diarrhoea and vomiting). There have been a number of patients diagnosed with influenza at the hospital. Public Health England have also announced that influenza is currently circulating within community settings.
We are committed to protecting our patients, staff and visitors from infections and ask visitors to follow these simple steps to reduce the risk of infection;
- If you have flu like symptoms or have been suffering from diarrhoea and or vomiting in the previous 48 hours please do not visit your family/friends in hospital
- Please clean your hands when entering and leaving the ward
- We advise no more than two visitors for each patient at any one time
- Please do not sit on beds when visiting patients; instead use the seats provided at bed side
- If you are vulnerable with a chronic medical condition or lowered immune state please seek advice from the ward staff before visiting.
For more information and guidance on flu and other seasonal viruses please visit NHS Choices.
Thank you for your continued cooperation.