Aintree launches biggest Movember fundraiser yet – with loads more £2 Raffle prizes
Aintree is again taking part in the Movember men’s health fundraising campaign, which runs through November.
Last year’s legendary £2 raffle is back with some amazing prizes for 2017. Goodies already confirmed for this year are below, with more to come shortly:
- Football prizes - a Jamie Carragher signed and framed print; a Jamie Carragher signed scarf; an Everton signed ball, an Everton signed team shirt, a Liverpool FC goody bag; Liverpool FC kids’ pyjamas.
- Eating out prizes - a meal for two at the Meat Factory, Lark Lane; a meal for four at the Blue Anchor pub; a meal for two at Mayur, Liverpool’s leading Indian restaurant; a drinks hamper.
- Activity prizes - a Breakout challenge for six; a 10-pin bowling session for four; a professional photoshoot; a Capital FM tour; a Radio City Tower tour for five; two tickets for Aintree Racecourse in May 2018, featuring racing plus a live big-name band; 2 tickets for the Scouse Nativity at the Royal Court; a six week clinical pilates course, 2 tickets for ‘Paint Your Wagon’ at the Everyman theatre in March 2018.
- Pamper prizes - a £30 beauty voucher; a hairdressing voucher; semi-permanent eyelashes worth £50; a sports massage voucher.
Tickets are on sale for £2 each from the main reception desk (Lower Lane main entrance), from the therapies team, and from outside the Aintree Boardroom at lunchtime on Friday 10 November, Thursday 16 November, Friday 24 November and Thursday 30 November.
In addition, you can get raffle tickets by visiting the Movember Team Aintree page
To get tickets online:
- Click on the link above, and click on ‘donate to team’.
- Make your donation, putting the word ‘Raffle’ in the Message section of your donation.
- You will receive one free ticket for every £2 you donate ie a donation of £10 will see you receive five tickets.
The draw will take place on Friday 1 December, with winners being notified and details published in the week of Monday, 4 December. Tickets for online donations will be allocated, with details available on request.
The Movember Football Re-Match of the Century – Team Medics win bragging rights
A hard-fought Aintree Medics v Aintree Physios football match to boost the Movember appeal took place at the Liverpool Soccer Centre, with the Medics fighting back from 2-0 down to win 3-2, securing bragging rights (and the challenge trophy) for the 12 months!
Many thanks to all players and spectators who braved the cold night to raise even more for Movember.
Aintree’s Movember Movie
An amazing 5,000 people have seen social media posts of our great Movember video, featuring our physio team – many thanks to Aspect Pictures